Sunday, January 20, 2013

Claw Clippings... Oh Lawd!

Abby's claws have recently turned from the nubs that I keep trimmed and neat to needles attached to a jumpy kitty. I thought tonight would be a nice night to trim the claws and get them all nice and short again, I so misjudged my timing. I did what I usually do when its time for a claw trim and I sweetly picked her up and placed her on her back in my lap and I went for the first paw. I always start with the front paw because she likes to see what is going on. Well... tonight was not the night for having a claw clipping. The second (no joke) I picked her up she started swatting at me and hissing and making a big old bunch of angry faces. Once I was able to figure out a way to pin her down...which is more of an art skill) I was able to trim those needles and make them nice trimmed claws. The whole time I was trimming she was making sounds that I have never heard from her before even when Chloe (super sweet and loving family's chocolate lab and who Abby is terrified of) comes to hang out in my room. I thought home kitty was possessed. I am sitting there the whole time thinking "Whose crazy a** cat is this cause there is no way this is my furry child". But no she is mine and she is currently still pissed... She is currently under the bed hissing and growling and making mean faces. Oh well just another day living with Abby Mae :) 

Right before she realized what was about to happen to her needle like claws :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment